Select Page
San Francisco 49ers outside linebacker Reuben Foster (56) against the Los Angeles Rams during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Rick Scuteri)

Rick Scuteri/Associated Press

The San Francisco 49ers will hold linebacker Reuben Foster out of offseason team activities, the team announced Sunday.

“[Foster] will not participate in team activities as he is tending to his legal matters,” 49ers CEO Jed York, general manager John Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan said in a statement, per NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. “As previously stated, his future with the team will be determined by the information revealed during the legal process.”

Police arrested Foster in February on allegations of domestic violence, and the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office announced Thursday it was bringing charges, including felony domestic violence, against him.

In an official statement, the district attorney’s office said Foster’s live-in girlfriend was bruised and suffered a ruptured eardrum. The girlfriend also told authorities Foster “dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of the house, and punched her in the head eight to 10 times.”

Shortly after the charges were announced, the 49ers said they had been made aware of Foster’s situation but indicated he’d remain with the team. Foster’s status with San Francisco “will depend on what is learned through the legal process,” according to the 49ers (h/t Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports).

NFL Network’s Jim Trotter reported the NFL wouldn’t place Foster on the commissioner’s exempt list until the league wraps up is own investigation into the allegations. As a result, it was up to the 49ers as to whether he would participate in any offseason workouts.

Bleacher Report – Front Page

4-Star QB Max Duggan Commits to TCU over Notre Dame, Nebraska and More
Syria air strikes: Macron says he convinced Trump not to pull out troops

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Read previous post:
Syria air strikes: Macron says he convinced Trump not to pull out troops

Syria air strikes: Macron says he convinced Trump not to pull out troops 16 April 2018 Related TopicsSyria air strikes...

Close